IELTS Holiday Vocabulary
Підготовка до IELTS досить виснажлива і speaking завжди здається легким та зрозумілим завданням. Підбірка IELTS Holiday Vocabulary допоможе правильно сформувати думкати та викорисати влучні вирази!
Part 1-style questions
Examiner: What kind of holiday do you like?
Miguel: I try to avoid tourist traps … I like to get away from it all and prefer going somewhere off the beaten track … last year I had the holiday of a lifetime … a two week wildlife safari in Kenya.
Examiner: What do you like to do when you’re on holiday?
Anna: I enjoy visiting the local places of interest … I like to go sightseeing and always sign up forguided tours as it’s a chance to be shown around and take photographs … one of my hobbies.
Examiner: Do you have many tourists in your country?
Amy: Yes … we have a lot of holiday resorts along the coast that are popular with tourists … most people come on package holidays and stay in one of the many hotels and self-cateringapartments.
Part 2-style task
Describe a beautiful place you once visited. You should say:
- when you went to this place
- where it was
- who you went with and say why you liked it so much.
Sally: A few years ago I went on a long weekend to the Lake District in the UK … it’s a very popular holiday destination in the north of England … I went on my own and had a wonderful time … I stayed in a youth hostel and met some really nice people … but the most memorable thing about the holiday were the breathtaking views … and lovely picturesque villages … it can get very busy with hordes of tourists so I decided to go out of season in the autumn … the weather was fantastic and the shops were full of local crafts … a really great holiday … it’s certainly not the kind of short break for someone looking for a busy nightlife but if you want to relax in the middle of stunning landscape I would certainly recommend a holiday to the Lake District.
Part 3-style questions
Examiner: What do you think has led to the growth in the tourist industry?
Miguel: It’s much easier and affordable to travel now … nowadays you can get cheap charter- flights or all-in packages … to somewhere near or to a far-off destination.
Examiner: How do people tend to choose a destination?
Anna: The Internet is a great source of information and high street travel agents are still very popular … that’s where I like to go to get holiday brochures for the place I’m interested in.
Examiner: People sometimes say flying is the most glamorous form of travel. Do you agree?
Amy: I’m not so sure really … flying can be quite boring … queuing up at the check-in desk … going through passport control … sitting for ages in the departure lounge … then the flight itself can be quite uncomfortable … no … I’m not sure I agree.
Definitions IELTS Holiday Vocabulary
- all-in package/package holiday: a holiday where you purchase the travel and accommodation together
- breathtaking view: an extremely beautiful view
- charter-flight: a cheaper form of flying than a scheduled flight
- check-in desk: the place at the airport where you register for your flight and deposit your luggage
- departure lounge: where you wait for your flight to be called
- far-off destination: somewhere a long way away
- to get away from it all: to take a holiday to escape a busy or stressful lifestyle
- guided tour: an organised group shown around a place of interest by an expert
- holiday brochure: a glossy publication with details of holiday packages
- holiday destination: where you go for a holiday
- holiday of a lifetime: a special holiday that you are unlikely to repeat
- holiday resort: a place where lots of people go for a holiday
- hordes of tourists: crowds of tourists
- local crafts: objects produced locally
- long weekend: an extended weekend holiday including Friday or Monday
- out of season: outside of the main holiday period
- picturesque village: very pretty village
- passport control: the place where your passport is checked
- places of interest: sites of interest to tourists
- wildlife safari: a holiday, often in Africa, to observe wild animals
- self-catering: a holiday where you supply your own food
- short break: a short holiday
- to go sightseeing: to look around the tourist sites
- stunning landscape: extremely beautiful countryside
- travel agent: a shop that specialises in booking holidays
- tourist trap: somewhere where too many tourists go
- youth hostel: a cheap form of accommodation
Сподобалася наша підбірка IELTS Holiday Vocabulary? Залишайте в коментарях свої відповіді на питання та оримайте коментар від наших викладачів!
Готуєтесь до IELTS Academic? Практикуйте з нашим The academic word list!
Photo by Link Hoang on Unsplash